These days it is not uncommon for good persons to find themselves in trouble with the law. If you or a loved one has been accused of a crime, you owe it to yourself to get the best criminal defense you can.
At Everett, Womble & Lawrence, LLP, we make a point of treating people who have been charged with a crime with kindness and respect. Our point of view is that everyone deserves a solid criminal defense, and that is what we provide. We know you are in a bad situation, and we want to help you as best we can.
We help individuals charged with traffic infractions, misdemeanors and felonies including:
- Assault and Battery
- Careless and Reckless Driving
- Domestic Violence
- Driving While Impaired (DWI/DUI) and other serious traffic violations
- Weapons violations, including crimes committed with weapons
- Money crimes like passing a bad check or shoplifting
- Crimes of property like theft and burglary
- Juvenile offenses
- Sexual offenses
- Certain violent crimes, including assault and battery
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Simple Possession of Marijuana and other drugs
- Speeding Tickets
If you have been previously been charged or convicted of a crime, in a limited number of circumstances, you may qualify under the North Carolina General Statutes to have the charge and/or conviction expunged.
We can work with the accused at any level, from bond hearings and plea negotiations to defending you in court and penalty deliberations, all the way to parole violations and appeals.
Our lawyer’s analytical abilities, knowledge, and skills have helped many hundreds to have their charges dismissed or reduced, and to have punishments (in cases of convictions) be minimal. Our view is that hard prison time has never made anyone a better person.